Saturday, November 21, 2009

"Whooo!" not "Whooom!"


Nikon D70s
Nikkor 28-200 @ 170mm, F/5.6
1/160 sec
Built-in flash

I promise this is the last of my 'Animals'.

Camera-mounted flash produced all kinds of red-eye problems, so I did the dirty deed with that Adobe software. Cropping, and shrinking aside, I also took Richard's earlier tip to boost the colours, just to see what would happen.

Off-camera flash might have been the way forward, but I didn't have the kit with me. It was a day trip to a theme park, falconry centre and petting zoo. The birds of prey were not part of the latter.

Actually, when zoomed into the original the detail isn't particularly sharp. I'm hoping that by reducing the resolution in an 800x600 no-one will notice.

1 comment:

  1. Nice expression, eyes on the third and the body also gives a nice diagonal.

    Never sure if shooting in zoo's bird parks, aquariums etc is fair. I've done it but never sure it counts.

    ReplyDelete