Monday, November 16, 2009

Animals - Richards efforts II

Hi All,



While the whales were submitted this month they weren't quite shot this month so here is one taken this month.
Clowning around in Musandam

EXIF :-
Canon 350D
Sigma 17-70mm Macro at 70mm
f5.6 (full open for this lense at that length)
1/200 (Max sync speed as lot of water movement)
2xDS125 strobes in eTTL
Not much PP, almost none by my standards ;-)
and in Honor of Steven's aspect ratio's I've not gone 4x6 but I do feel dirty.
Coment, Critque and abuse welcome.
Cheers,
Richard B.

3 comments:

  1. p.s. The white spot at the top towards the back of the gill line is natural markings not back scatter or dust bunny,

    Cheers,
    Richard B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its an OK shot but one you have taken a thousand times so not so much WOW for me personally. Also since we have started playing with the 'land based photography' I am finding the creativity offered far more inviting.

    You did well to get the clown fish in the 'right' pose (I have spent enough dives trying to get that myself) but it some how lacks punch. Maybe its the bullseye shot, maybe its the washed out colour or maybe the annnennannammee (don;t know how to spell that) is in focus rather than the fish.

    I say experiment more with the wide angel 'ships coming out of the gloom' shots, they are more intriguing.

    Nice shot though (sorry, couldn't resist that)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fair enought, Ihave shot it a hundred times and only an average.
    Right pose but still lacking a bit pof punch.
    I'll try and shot something else before the end of the month.
    Thanks for the C&C.

    ReplyDelete