Thursday, November 5, 2009

Animals - Richards efforts

Hi All,

Not quite back catalogue but taken JUST before new topic and I've only just done the post production so I'm going to claim them.
If I take anymore and I'll try and post them as well.

Generally this is the EXIF :-
Canon 350D
Canon 28-300mm 3.5-5.6 IS L, about 250-300mm no mutiplier
AP mode at f5.6, give a bit of DOF but also all maximum light.
1/2500sec, nice and fast, moving subject, moving boat and moving water drops.
ISO 100, as pleanty of light.
-1.33 EV, to keep water darker and avoid "splash" blowing out.
Servo Focus mode (posted copies may be a bit soft but originals are all in focus)
All shot in burst mode.












Don't you just love motor drive....

If anybody wants to see hi res film strip 16 MB Jpeg and 168 MB in photoshop jsut shout and I'll mail.

Comments, Critque and abuse welcome :-)

Cheers,
Richard B.

2 comments:

  1. Well I wanted to be a smart ar$e and claim a whale wasn't an animal......but after checking it seems they are so I guess this is allowed ;0)

    I really like the deep colours in the water and the contrast between the white whales body and the water around it. You say you steped down -1.33EV but is this all or have you 'tinkered' with the colour post produciton to boost the blue/darkness of the sea?

    Very nice set of shots indeed. The film reel works well for this, but a shame you didn't have a set of her breaching to do the same with.

    Samll point, you have adigital camerea therefore why on earth would you be using a motordrive......picky I know ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost straight out of camera, no photoshop, colours as is. The -1.33 really helped.
    AS they say get it right in camera !

    The Dives are much easier to shoot as they are at the end of the time on the surface so more predictable. The Breaches are much harder to be spot and you've got to be quick, I managed two in a row but not enough for a film strip.

    My new L lens has a push pull zoom which at first felt odd but when you get used to it you can scan wide angle and then a very quick push and your zoomed right in.

    As for motor drive my 2005 model body can only do 3 fps, the pro onboard had a 1Ds like a machine gun !

    p.s. Thanks for the C&C

    ReplyDelete