Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Animals - Richards Back Catalogue

Hi All,

After Pauls back catalogue I thought I'd share some of mine.
These all are from Honeymoon in South Africa, managed to see the big five but these are the photographich highlights.

Hate to say "All the Gear No Idea" but it's true and I will admit to having little photogrpahic skill / understanding when took these but I did have a big long bit of glass (but only 6.3?) which helped.

This is from the back of a open landrover about 40m away.





NOT with a long lens, more like wide angle, they were very close.




My mum used to say I fought for my food.
<

It used to be a giraffe.


Nice and helpfull with the composition.

Liked it so much that we have a 3x2ft black and white version in our bedroom.


Okay this one wasn't in the kruger but it is a great white.
Not shot with my normal underwater photo rig, only used a cheap disposbale camera.


Cheers,
Richard B.

4 comments:

  1. So... are the zebras black with white stripes or white with black stripes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having seen them I'd say they are black with dirty brown and white stripes.

    Makes me remeber the Spitting Image Wilderbeast.
    Lion, what lion, I've seen no lions !

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Web-Safari_4', the top one of the Big Cat in the tree. I think using a PhotoShop mask, then tweaking the colour palette to bring out the beast and tone down the background would improve your image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes thing your right, most could do with the odd tweak.
    These were all taken before I even owned a copy of photoshop ! honest ! I promise !

    ReplyDelete