Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mii Mii Mii


Here is my first attempt at "three".
3 of me in one picture!

It was only a quickie while I was wondering what to do for the subject, I just happened to be in the bathroom (not with my camera you depraved people)

Ive got ideas for a few portrait shots that Ill try to shoe-horn into this subject once ive figured out how to make a dark cage that I can put someone in (no... Im not joking).

Tech Specs :

Focal Length : 18mm (27mm equiv) from kit 18-70mm lense
Exposure Time : 1/20th
Aperture : f/3.5
ISO : 400

No thought went into the setup of the camera at all. I just set it to aperture priority and used the widest my lense would do ( I just wanted the hand mirror out of focus). I even forgot to change it from the default ISO 400.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting! A photo of you (and you, and you) having a quickie in the bathroom! 8-0

    I'd have tried to get all the portraits in sharp focus, which is a bit of a challenge if you wish to blur the mirror frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul,
    If you want a shot with just the mirror (and contents) sharp its a perfect job for Gausian blur in photoshop. Shoot it all sharp then use round lasso select the mirror, invert selection, then filter gausian blur.
    Cheers,
    Richard B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob, I love it. Would be a great shot to take into some kind of computer trickery wizardry software that can do detail enhancement and increase the noise etc and really make it look like a cartoon.

    I tried taking a shot like this with teh mirrored walls in our lift at the old building for the reflections homework. Sadly I didn't have the patience to fiddle ar$e about getting all the angles right. However I was setting the camerea up on a tripod beind me so that it was shooting over my shoulder so it was less obvious I was taking the shot.

    Have to agree with the others though, I would have gone for a greater depth of field and got the entire image in focus. Cool idea (techy geek style) to try and get the smallest image in focus but at the end of the day the 'third reflect' is too small to carry the punch of having the focus on it. If you wanted shall depth I would have gone for the first 'bob' in focus as this has the presence in the shot.

    I also liek the fact that the first mirror is bulls eye and then the 'three bobs' are all on the thirds of the image in the mirror. Nice compisition things going on there.

    Oh, and one for mum, you could have combed yor hair......and put a clean shirt on....etc etc.

    ReplyDelete