Tuesday, September 29, 2009

HDR Skies

I will admit it, I have started using photoshop.  And it does make me feel dirty.  But there are uses one can make of it ;0)

And example of this is in dealing with 'sky halos' in the HDR shots I have been taking, see two shots below:




I basically selected the sky/halo and cut it out, scaled it up sufficiently and then 'slide it' back behind the dune to hide the halo.  And voulior.  No halos to spoil the image that acts like a giant beacon to say "look at this, its a HDR photo".  I guess the old idea that the camear never lies isn't quite true.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done, you can see the edit with the two side by side but on it's own it would be hard. However try it on something not as nice and uniform as a triangular dune ;-)

    p.s. Welcome to the dark side.

    ReplyDelete