Friday, July 30, 2010

Funny Bunny

On behalf of the very lovely Sarah who is busy right now:

Bunny
20mm, f3.2, 1/13, ISO-400

I was given free range to select my favourite from a selection of bunny photos and chose this one because I like how it was framed with the top of the ears cut off. I used my rudimentary Gimp skills (god that sounds awful) to clean up something dark in the back of the photo, other than that, this is straight out of the camera.

Next choice was this one:

Bunny 2
20mm, f3.2, 1/15, ISO-400

I like the positioning here, with Herr Bunny looking into the centre of the frame. Maybe the red mat he's on could be positioned slightly differently, but all up I think it works, and the colour is a good counterpoint for the green.

Comments and critiques for these two and mine always welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Comedy rabbit!

    My opinion is that Bunny 2 is the better photo.

    Cropping off the ears and the bottom of the hat really don't do it for me. If you were aiming for that effect I suggest that you should have cropped the rabbit's face a lot tighter - say to the hat brim.

    Your comments on red versus green and the subject looking into the frame are why I prefer the second image.

    I guess you used a tungsten light to the right of the subject. If so, that's why the images are a bit red-heavy. Tweaking the spectrum a little to the blue end ought to remove that colour cast, assuming that the reddish tint isn't what you were aiming for in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bunny
    "Who Sir ? Me Sir ?" like this image, very quirky, only shame missed the tops of the ears.
    Think the wall is not helping with the WB a sheet or towel as back drop may have helped.
    Not quite straight but that has helped the quirkiness of the image, maybe portrait at a 45deg angle.

    Bunny 2
    Like the eyes in both seem to have a real direction to them.
    Hmm this one losses something to me as you have more a frame of reference.
    Notices, f3.2, if you'd have gone f2.8 (think max for your lens) you'd have got a tad more bokeh in the texture of the mat and also go a stop more light so lower ISO or faster (more still) camera.

    Cheers,
    Richard B.

    ReplyDelete