Thursday, December 24, 2009

Time with Friends - Steven's angle

Mr B is far more organized than I and got his SZR shoot shots together and uploaded before me.  However, still thought I'd share:



This is the best of a bad bunch taken from the Nikon which I had set up on the tripod taking shots automatically every 20 seconds (D700 has a brilliant delayed shooting scheduler built in!!).  I then wondered around with the pocket rocket Leica taking other shots from other angles and locations:



Light trails arn't as good form this angle, and the sky has already past its prime, but I prefer the composition in this one, with the lights fanning across the foreground.


2 comments:

  1. I prefer the fist composition wise.
    However being uber critical, watch your camer angles, doesn't look quite horizontal and think there is some distortion on the buildings from film plane not being parrallel.

    The timer is nice for time lapse conversion into movies and composite but in these don't you just get same exposure and viewpoint, not creative tweaks in each shot.

    Think more trails on the first and lighter skys on the second might have helped.
    Time for your GND which allow you to selecy which part you want control the image. I know you can partly do in PP or RAW but if you are trying to drag a shutter they are still top toys IMHO.

    Cheers, Richard B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry but I spent most of my time wondering if I could steal the expensive Nikon some silly bugger had left balanced precariously on the edge of a motorway flyover.

    It's worth more than my car and you left taking shots on it's own whilst you buggered off with some point and click jobby to get a different angle.

    Bet you don't do that in your new home town.

    ReplyDelete