Wednesday, July 29, 2009

HDR Tasters

'Ey up fellas.

Well a honeymoon in Florence/Tuscany is really proving a great breeding ground for photo ideas and inspiration (and a breeding ground for nothing else before you start!!) and although there is no homework set I have still been snapping away.

Haven't really got time for a full write up (you know, honeymoon things to be doing) but in the meantime I thought I'd upload a few shots tinkered with so far as a taster:


A Quiet Pint

The assortment and abundance of churches in Tuscany offer loads of opportunity for playing, both outside and within:


By the Light of God?


A Quiet Place


The Courtyard


Clocktower

And these two little beauties demonstrate one of the main reasons I LOVE HDR. There is just no way (that I know of) that you could get these sort of shots with a normal shot. They are shot in the reflection of advertising boards at a Theatre across the road from the Duomo in Florence.


A Splendid Ballet

If there are any plans for a follow up shutterbug get together at the end of August (presuming David is back by then) then I can bore you all silly with a bit of background/discussion of these a a few others I will have processed by then.

Right, well that's all for now, off to do honeymoon things.....like take more photos

2 comments:

  1. Is there no else in Florence or Tuscany.

    Really like the clock tower one.

    I suppose I am supposed to finish my homework off and post it aswell.

    Once a Slacker always a slacker.

    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done.

    The Courtyard ceiling really shows what HDR can do, there is no way you would have been able to ballance the exposures any other way.

    The clocktower is nice, with all the leading lines.

    As for the Ballet why did you want to see a 1980's pop band (Spandau Ballet) ;-)

    Cheers,
    Richard B.

    ReplyDelete