Friday, May 21, 2010

UNIFORM - Richards Effort

Hi Guys,

Here is my go at Uniform, going to try and shoot more but was playing single parent last week so chaotic.

Anyway here it is :-



EXIF etc..
Canon 350D
Sigma 50mm
1/1000 sec
f1.4 (Av mode)
ISO 100
And because if I didn't Steven would be upset :
Flash off camera on 2ft bracket mounted on camera right.
High Speed Sync (Camera normal 1/200 sec)
1/2 Cut CTO (Orange) gel.

Coments, Critique and Questions as always welcome.

If I get time before end of the month I also will try and shoot a few more as well.

Cheers,
Richard B.

3 comments:

  1. Your subject's eyes are in pin-sharp focus with some nice highlights. Always good for a portrait.

    I appreciate that you're deliberately going for a shallow DOF, but for my money I think you've overdone it by losing the hair and clothing into the vagueness of bokeh. That said, it's a lovely shot that captures her face well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gents, not wanting to sound self contented (or at least not too much) but isn't it great that we have reach a point where we have to work this hard to find something to comment on each other shots. Gone are the days of "your shot is under exposed" or "you are holding the camera the wrong way around" ;0)

    Mr B, I'd agree with Mr C. While it is cool that your nifty 50 can go down to 1.2 in this case I'd agree that it would have been better to dial it back a bit and get her hair and maybe even her arm in focus.

    On another note; Nel goes to Jebel Ali Village Nursery!! Isn't that some what of a ball ache for getting to work given you both work in the opposite direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Doesn’t sound to self contented and I'll even go one better, your not just both spot on with the C&C but I already knew it !

    As you say I need a bit more DOF and I tried ! I changed to f2.8 after a couple more shots. However by then the model stopped co-operating so the pose and composition was not there. This one is only the second shot.

    I've done a bit of PP on it but not much and going to write a post on that as it's "standard" portrait PP work.

    And stupid boy Pike ! Jebel Ali Nusery is not actually in Jebel Ali ! (it's at Polo Club).

    Cheers,
    Richard B.

    ReplyDelete