Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mini + Bump

Late again. Sorry. My excuse is the small business-pregnant wife combo. So here are my tenuous efforts.

1. Something about things going bump.
This is a really poor link, but one morning I woke up to a bit of fog and marvelled at the view. The smoky, can't-see-anything atmosphere was vaguely reminiscent of all those colour-by-numbers slasher films.
24mm, F/5, why is the text suddenly blue? 1/100, ISO-100.
I played around with curves to white this baby up.

Sarah, meanwhile, took some good photos of the fog a couple of days earlier and, without permission because she's out, I'll post my favourite:
38mm, F/13. 1/60, ISO-100, Canon 30D with 24-70 lens.
2. Something about small stuff

First up, something from my back catalogue:

5mm, F/5, 1/500, ISO-100. Trusty Panasonic with the Leica lens.

And next, something more recent. And for this I've gone back to my customary B&W.
24mm, F/4, 1/60, ISO-100, -0.7 step compensation. Cropped, nothing else done. Big arsed Canon 30-D with the 24-70 lens.

3 comments:

  1. I like the back catalog.

    Looks like one of those shots from the moonlander whilst skimming the surface. Of course that was in the days before things when metric with everyone except NASA so now they just carsh into the planet at full tilt becase 6mm is actually 6 inches still in their world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Colin about the lunar landscape. But like the B&W following it, what is it really?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see someone remembers the hilarious Nasa-JPL mixup. "Give me 4,000 pounds-force of retro-rockets." "4,000 what?? Oh crap..." BANG

    The B&W is my breakfast - Vegemite on toast. The breakfast of kings. Wait, scratch that, the Aussie king is an English woman. The breakfast of champions. Wait, Ricky Ponting gave away the Ashes. Again. The breakfast eaten in heaven.

    ReplyDelete